Fix iTunes error 3194,1015,1004 for iOS 4.3.2 4.3.1 4.3 4.2.1
The tutorial will show you how to fix the common iTunes errors 3194, 1015, 1004 while you’re trying to upload a custom jailbroken firmware to your apple device. You can do that by temporarily blocking Apple’s firmware signing services. Error 3194, 1015, 1004 seems to be triggered when unsigned firmware is used, often during an iOS downgrade or even during some restores like restoring your apple device firmware to a custom jailbroken firmware.
- Exit iTunes
- Locate your hosts file:
- In Mac OS X /etc/hosts
- In Windows c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
- Open the hosts file with Administrator privileges using Notepad.
- Add the following lines to the very bottom of the hosts file:
- 188.8.131.52 gs.apple.com
- Connect your device to the computer
- Launch iTunes
- Put device into DFU Mode by turning your device off and then holding down the sleep and power button for 10 seconds, then release the power button but hold onto the home button until iTunes tells you that the device is now in recover mode
- Press and hold the “Shift” Key then click on “Restore” in iTunes then browse for the iOS firmware you want to restore to your device.
- Now wait until iTunes restores your device.
- At some point iTunes might through 1015 error or 1004 error just ignore it as as the firmware has already been successfully installed on the device.
- Your device might get stuck in recovery mode showing “Connect to iTunes” screen, to exit recovery mode download this small program called TinyUmbrella for windows or mac.
- Launch the TinyUmbrella then click on “Kick Device Out of Recovery” button. Your device will now restart normally.
Click Here to see the tutorial video on how to fix iTunes error 3194.
"Follow us on or or or to stay updated with the latest iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch; news, tutorials, and Cydia updates."