How to Fix iTunes Error 3194 iOS 4.2.1 4.3 4.3.1 4.3.2 4.3.3 4.3.4 4.3.5 Tutorial
The tutorial will show you how to fix the common iTunes error 3194 while you’re trying to upload a custom jailbroken firmware to your apple device. You can do that by temporarily blocking Apple’s firmware signing services. Error 3194 seems to be triggered when unsigned firmware is used, often during an iOS downgrade or even during some restores like restoring your apple device firmware to a custom jailbroken firmware.
This Method Support the following devices:
- iPhone 2G
- iPhone 3G
- iPhone 3GS (old & new bootrom)
- iPhone 4
- iPod Touch 1G
- iPod Touch 2G (MB & MC)
- iPod Touch 3G
- iPod Touch 4
- Apple TV 2
- iOS 4.3.2
- iOS 4.3.1
- iOS 4.2.1
NOTE FOR USERS WHO WANT TO DOWNGRADE FIRMWARE: If you’re trying to downgrade your firmware from a newer version to an older version you will only be able to do so if you have saved the SHSH in cydia for your device otherwise this method will not help you and there is no way for you downgrade.
UPDATE: If you’re trying to update/restore your device to a stock iOS 4.3.3 or Custom iOS 4.3.3 and you’re getting error 3194, or if you tried this method below and it did not work for you Click Here to see this fix. We recommend that you try the method below first.
Please Follow the steps below and watch the tutorial video below:
- Exit iTunes
- Locate your hosts file:
- In Mac OS X /etc/hosts
- In Windows c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
- Open the hosts file with Administrator privileges using Notepad.
- Add the following lines to the very bottom of the hosts file:
- #22.214.171.124 gs.apple.com
- Connect your device to the computer
- Launch iTunes
- Put device into DFU Mode by turning your device off and then holding down the sleep and power button for 10 seconds, then release the power button but hold onto the home button until iTunes tells you that the device is now in recover mode
- Use the iTunes Restore feature as usual with the iOS device
Once your iOS update is finished, remove the “#126.96.36.199 gs.apple.com” line from your hosts file again so that iTunes can properly update as usual.
Note: If you face error 1015 1004 please Click Here to fix iTunes error 1015 and iTunes error 1004.
"Follow us on or or or to stay updated with the latest iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch; news, tutorials, and Cydia updates."