How to Fix iTunes Error 3194 when update to iOS 4.3.3
Some iPhone users who have changed their system’s host file to point to Cydia’s SHSH caching server, are not able to restore or update their iPhone to iOS 4.3.3 through iTunes they are getting the following message “The iPhone could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (3194).”
This problem is due to a bug in Cydia’s back end which should be fixed soon. In the main time if you want to fix iTunes error 3194 and be able to upgrade your device to the stock iOS 4.3.3 or a custom iOS 4.3.3, then please follow the steps below.
NOTE: If you know for a fact that you did not change your system host file to point to Cydia’s SHSH cashing server before, or if you already tried this method below and you are still getting 3194 error Click Here to see another method to fix error 3194.
- Download TinyUmbrella for windows or TinyUmbrella for mac.
- Launch TinyUmbrella and select “Advanced” then uncheck “Set Hosts to Cydia on Exit” option.
- Click on “Start TSS Server”.
- Now you should see Green Check Mark + “TinyUmbrella’s TSS server is running” .
- Now Connect your iDevice to the computer and launch iTunes while keeping Tiny Umbrella Running.
- Hold the Shift Key and Click on Restore in iTunes and browse for the IPSW file, Now you should not face the 3194 error.
- After iTunes finish restoring your device in case your device get stuck in recovery mode Click Here to see how to fix that.
"Follow us on or or or to stay updated with the latest iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch; news, tutorials, and Cydia updates."