iPhone Tips & Tricks #49: How To Backup Your iPhone Contacts
Backing up contacts is an essential thing to do. If you don’t back up your data, you stand to lose hundreds and hundreds of entries when it comes to all your contact phone numbers. Make sure you do one of the following things to back up all your contacts before you restores your iPhone to a new firmware or erase everything to get rid of the phone.
The first thing you can do is connect your iPhone to iTunes using the 30-pin connector cable. Once iTunes detects your iPhone, right click on the device on the leftside of iTunes and click on Backup.
The other thing you can do is to use Google to back up your contacts. These are the steps to do it:
- Go to Settings and then tap on Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Tap on Add Account.
- Tap on Microsoft Exchange.
- Fill out everything on the page and make sure you use a Gmail account for this. Leave Domain empty.
- Tap on Next.
- When it asks for a server, type in http://m.google.com
- Tap next and you should be able to see three things: Mail, Contacts, Calendar. Keep them all on, especially contacts.
Now, all of your contacts will be saved on your Gmail account. Just make sure your iPhone is on WIFI when doing this so that the transfer is complete. This works on any iOS device on any firmware version.
"Follow us on or or or to stay updated with the latest iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch; news, tutorials, and Cydia updates."